Sebastian Inlet, my dad had a boat rental, going south it was on the right hand side of the road before the bridge. It was 21 miles from Melbourne, Fla. Here are some stories:1. I (Rich) was in the 5th grade and went to school at Melbourne 21 miles from home.
2. Dad and I live in the little trailer here, as you can see it was not a very big trailer.
3. I kept busy working at boat dock, renting, cleaning, feeding the rabbits, etc...
4. Seems like dad was gone alot... lucky for me there was a resturant on the highway above the boat rental. they watch over me.
5. I would taking sailing lesson in Melbourne on saturday once a month. I would go by boat in 16 Ft. open face Thompson Rib boat with a 25 Johnson motor, on intercoastal waterway by myself. One time high winds and rain was taking place and cause my motor to quit and I started rowing and I lost one orelock and luckey me the tide was going in and took me to shore. I tied the boat up and tired to catch a ride back to home. A Grey Hound bus stop and pick me up and drop me off at home and did not charge me anything.
6. We used to waterski up and down the Sebstian River. One time I was skiing and I drop right beside a alligator, I never swam so fast too get back inside the boat.
7. Dad use to hunt for a lost treasure on the otherside inlet of the boat rental, I thought that he was crazy but 5 or 6 yrs after we left there they found a "lost Treasure"....Dad was right!
No comments:
Post a Comment